Jumat, 26 Desember 2008

The Partridge Family Sound Magazine

The Partridge Family Sound MagazineCustomer Review: Wonderful Music in any era

I was born many years after this album was released, but this music sounds good in ANY era. "The Partridge Family" had an excellent lead singer with David Cassidy, and excellent backing singers with Shirley Jones and the 6-member "Love Generation". Providing the singers with instrumentation support are the best studio musicians of the time, many of which also worked on albums by artists like "The Monkees" and "The Mamas and Papas". The arrangements are tasteful, often featuring drums, piano, bass, guitar, horns and sometimes even strings. The melodies are catchy, and the lyrics are unusually good for a manafactered pop group. David Cassidy even co-wrote a song called "Love Is All That I Ever Needed", which is itself a fine song. Other highlights on this disc include the bouncy "Summer Days" (Composed by Tony Romeo, who also wrote "I Think I Love You" for another Partridge Family album), the exciting "I Woke Up In Love this Morning" and fan favourite "Echo Valley 2-6809", which is simply ''bubblegum'' at it's finest.

Customer Review: Sound Magazine

I love music from the 70's and grew up watching the Partridge Family. I just love this kind of music.
See details

0 komentar: